Membership Admission Criteria
ICN is a multinational platform jointly formed by ten founding members in 2015. Currently ICN has 3 different types of membership:
- Steering Board Members are the member institutions constituting the ICN Steering Board in accordance with the ICN Governance Charter.
- Regular Members are non-profit clinical trial centers/institutions (e.g. academic institutions, government-based institutions or NGOs, or part of such organizations) with good experience and a proven track record of performance in clinical research. Founding and regular members can provide mutual support and benefit from each other’s experience.
- Affiliated Members may be
(i) clinical trial centers that are currently being created or have recently been established or whose current service portfolio is still limited, and may desire to seek ICN’s support to fully develop their capabilities; or
(ii) private institutions/organizations that are clinical trial centers/units affiliated with a hospital conducting clinical trials.
Eligible candidates for ICN membership should fulfil the following requirements:
- The applicant must be located in a country with GCP-compliant regulations to ensure that all ICN members apply comparable high quality standards.
- The new member provides added value to the network.
- The new ICN member should be a clinical trials center that supports clinical research of the whole institution to which it is associated.
A Regular Member must be a non-profit organization (e.g. academic institutions, governmental-based institutions and NGOs) or part of a non-profit organization, and also a well reputed coordinating center or unit for clinical trials that provides:
- the necessary personnel
- logistic resources
- broad portfolio of services such as data management, project management, training and education, monitoring, quality management, statistic department etc.
The above allows to initiate, execute and support clinical trials in different therapeutic areas in the affiliated institutions / universities / hospitals.
Applicants not fulfilling criteria for regular members will automatically be assigned to the Affiliated Member category. Non-profit centers will have the opportunity to become a regular member if and when they fulfil the relevant requirements.
Clinical Trial Centers or institutions willing to join ICN may contact the ICN Operations Team (e.g. through the ICN homepage). After the initial contact, the ICN Operations Team will contact the applicant and request more information on the organization of the applicant, its association, performance track record, etc. The Steering Board will decide about new memberships.
If you are interested in joining the ICN as a member, please fill in the Membership Application Questionnaire .